• CrossKarts101 is a premier information hub and community for all things crosskarts related. We bring together everyone interested in crosskarts or offroading, from enthusiasts, to fabricators, drivers or beginners. Our goal is to make getting into crosskarts accessible to everyone, with easy to access resources on everything from building your own crosskart, to connecting with teams and drivers. Feel free to browse our site to find what's more interesting for you!

help for first build from Subaru.. parts shipping??

nickmason85

Members
Hello I have a few questions,

Been noticing there's some parts that are very hard to get as no one ships these things local. Trying to acquire as many parts from existing Subaru, including hubs and differential. But it costs a ton to get things shipped in especially from over the border.

Are there not enough suppliers here in the states yet? I've heard that crosskarts haven't reached a good market saturation here yet. Honestly I only found out about it a year or so ago.

Also, I bought wheels before figuring out what would work best with a 100hp engine, so I now have to course-correct. Any tips on that would be appreciated.

Can you recommend any suppliers that this site is aware/affilliated with? I only see a limited selection in your shop so far so would like some more information on that.

I don't currently have pictures as I haven't begun building yet, but almost complete with strip down for parts. Seeing some fairly advanced builds over $20k but this project I don't intend to be more than a learning process and "above budget tier". Any help for a beginner would be appreciated.

Hello, I hope I can help. Yes, getting things today can be a tough thing when you are waiting and usually don't get a realistic response on when your stuff will get here and at much higher rate than what it was a few years back. As far as not having enough suppliers, yes there is a shortage of suppliers as far variety goes for getting some components like hubs and knuckles and that plays part in the intentions of our site, and that is to promote new vendors and entrepreneurs wanting to get into becoming a vender as there is a huge opportunity at the moment for new companies for this new industry. We do have a few vendors that can help with what you might need. take a look at the vendor tab on the site header. There you should find RiskTaker Products, Fast&Speed, Sierra-Cars that are here in the USA, and Check with Newbolds Motorbike shop when you are ready for suspension tuning. These are American companies that would love your support when comes to purchasing parts and everyone really needs to support them to continue being suppliers so they can provide for the industry and events to come. I will start working on articles to read to get a good idea on how to start your crosskart build, beginning with intention of the build, meaning are you building to actually race and compete with, or are you building it as recreational use. If you can let me know what your intent is, I can help you get going in the right direction. Also, what do you have for an expected budget and what time frame would you like the project completed by? Once I know those, I can tell you what you might expect as far future roadblocks or what is really realistic for what you get bang for your buck wise.

Reactions: 747
Back